JQL query logging for help in creating natural language to JQL translator

Rohit Dube January 3, 2022

Hi - I am looking for some examples of questions in natural language and corresponding JQL. Our company does natural language to query translation, and have been successful in doing it for SQL, variety of REST URLs, and have a few live deployments + POCs. We want to do the same for JQL to improve the search results and make it easier for anyone to search without knowing JQL. Our normal approach is to get log files with queries and take it from there. I have been really unsuccessful in generating JQL ONLY logs though which is making this tougher. I would love any help in getting either:

- JQL only queries (any number - although we work best once we have 100 or so examples) OR

- JQL log files OR

- examples of JQL and corresponding NL question. Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Rohit Dube 

It's Cloud and talking about application logs who have searched what, that's not possible yet.

But here are some useful links

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/jql#visualize-results

Build a query to save it. JQL from one organization differs from even team to team. It's basic syntax and you even have the basic search which converts it to JQL.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Rohit Dube January 3, 2022

Thank you for the links. But the goal is not to learn a new syntax. Goal is to type in English and that generates the JQL. We did this for www.espncricinfo.com/ask which replaced complex SQL with English, going to do it for JQL too, but need training samples.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events