JQL query I created is showing closed tickets

Orry Wright-Larson May 2, 2022

The below query is still pulling Closed tickets from the project and I am not sure if I am just writing the query wrong or what other cavats I am missing here. 

project = "PROJECT" AND comment ~ term1 OR comment ~ term2 AND status not in (Closed, resolved)

Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

Can you try this...

project = "PROJECT" AND (comment ~ term1 OR comment ~ term2) AND status not in (Closed, resolved)

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

@Orry Wright-Larson ,

Just a little context here, you should consider an OR statement as a break in your JQL. Any thing you introduce an OR (without enclosing it in brackets) it will break up your query.

So in your example you basically said:

project = "PROJECT" AND comment ~ term1

OR

comment ~ term2 AND status not in (Closed, resolved)

So your second status limitation does not reflect the first part. The way Jack mentions it you'll actually use both OR comments as a single statement and all AND's will be concatenated.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

@Orry Wright-Larson , pleas let us know if this works or if have further questions.

Suggest an answer