JQL for status changes within a certain date range.

Scott Federman February 26, 2019

I am having trouble wrapping my head around this one. I want to be able to see when an issues status was updated to "POC backlog, Modex backlog, Or Pilot Backlog, on or after 1/1/2018 or on or before 12/31/2018. Can someone help me with that that JQL would look like?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hello

I think your JQL query would look like this:

status changed to "POC backlog" after 2018-01-01 before 2019-01-01 or status changed to "Modex backlog" after 2018-01-01 before 2019-01-01 or status changed to "Pilot Backlog" after 2018-01-01 before 2019-01-01

Hey Alexey, that does it sir! Thank you. 

So next scenario is i have a dropdown called "intake disposition" on of the options is "Approved by LOB-POC". Like the last one, I need to see which issues were assigned this option between 1/1/2018 and 12/31/2018. When I try to apply the same logic, I am told that "History searches do not support the 'Intake Disposition' field."

How would I be able to get this result?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

You can not write such queries for custom fields. You would need to develop your own JQL function either by writing your own add-on or use a scripting add-on like Power Scripts or ScriptRunner.

Thant is certtainly a conclusive answer. Thank you for your help Alexey. 

Suggest an answer