JQL for spreadsheets - How can I get the fixVersion release date value?

tal-yechye January 2, 2022

Hello guys,

In the releases view we see in the table a column of the fixVersion, and also the column of "Release date".

How can I get the value of the "Release date"?

I tried the following fields but non of them is valid:

releaseDate

releasedate

and more

Untitled1.png

As an alternative, can I get this value?

Untitled2.png

Regards.

P.S.

I now suspect it is a custom field. Is it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2022

JQL returns issues, not versions.  When you run JQL, all it does is return a list of issues, which your reporting method can then iterate through and pull out the issue data it wants to see.

The dates on versions are not issue data, so the results of JQL won't contain them.  You'll need extra code to go fetch them independently of the JQL, over the REST interface.

tal-yechye January 2, 2022

Nic, I accept you answer of course.

Thank you.

But if I use REST API, how do I integrate it into the spreadsheet?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2022

The coding you are doing in the spreadsheet can be made to do REST calls to fetch data.

0 votes
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @tal-yechye ,

If you are looking at how to make reports about your version release date, you may want to explore the "eazyBI for Jira" app with a native Jira integration. 
Here is a demo report for Version releases in the Gantt chart that uses "Version release date": https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/754436-fix-version-release-gantt-chart

Version releases in eazyBI.jpg

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events