• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL for more than one fixversion

Does anyone know how to locate any issue that has more than one fixversion assigned?

6 answers

To clarify, I want to find issues that have more than one fixversion, regardless of the fixversion. We're trying locate these because we need to remove the additional fixversions so that we can start to enforce having only one fixversion.

I actually was going to export all my issues (which are ~ 10,000) and sort fixversion in Excel to find them or do a column to text with a comma separate to find them, but the excel export only supports 1000. Thus, my need for trying to use JQL to narrow it down.

i have the same question

You could use the Script Runner plugin and create a scripted field like this

return ((issue?.fixVersions?.size())?:0) as Double

Use a number searcher and the number template for this scripted field. And than use this field within your JQL to find issue where your scripted field > 1. I think you have to reindex at least the issues you are querying before this, you could use a builtin script from Script Runner to reindex all issues of a project or a filter result.

Henning

I've found a solution without installing a plugin here:

fixVersion <= earliestUnreleasedVersion() AND fixVersion > earliestUnreleasedVersion()

if you google it deeply, you will find  it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Questions/Advanced-search-check-for-multiple-values-in-fix-version/qaq-p/141663

While this is definitely helpful, it wouldn't find items with multiple versions in the future (that would be twice > earliestUnreleasedVersion() )

Hi Karie,

Try something like:

project = YOURPROJECTKEY AND fixVersion in ("6.0.5","6.0.1")

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes

If you are looking for issues that have both the fixVersions, try:

fixVersion = '1' AND fixVersion = '3'

Replacing, 1 and 3 with the actual fix versions, of course. :P

I think what the original post said is show me all issues that have multiple  FixVersions. Not look for all issues in FixVersion1 and FixVersion2 but any instance where any issue has multiple fixVersions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you