JQL for date range

Katrina Atkinson December 9, 2022

hello,

I want to create a Jira JQL search for a range of dates but only by month. Instead of the date input of "YYYY/MM/DD" or "YYYY-MM-DD" but instead just MM/DD or MM-DD. Is this possible and does anyone know how to do this?

thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Hi @Katrina Atkinson 

You can use the startOfMonth() function to do that. E.g.

created >= startofMonth() and created <= endOfMonth()

Will give you all issue of the current month. Placing a negative number inside the paranthesis will yield results from the previous months. E.g.

created >= startofMonth(-1) and created <= endOfMonth(-1)

Will give you all created issues from the previous month.

Awesome thank you, do you know, if I wanted to do the months between January 01-march 31st how to input this?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

I would assume:

created >= startofMonth(-11) and created <= endOfMonth(-9)
Like shruti gupta likes this

This provides a lot of clarity, thank you!

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2022

Happy to be of assistance ;)

Kindly mark my answer as accepted, in order to help others with similar questions. Thank you!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

Suggest an answer