It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL for Updated Date > Closed Date

Robert Bromley Jan 19, 2018

Users want to filter issues that have a 'greater' updated date to the closed/resolved date.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Jan 19, 2018

Hi Robert,

with plain Jira, this is not possible. If you have the Scriptrunner app, you can do the following:

issueFunction in dateCompare("", "updated > resolutionDate")

Hi Thomas,

I need the 'Updated' date as follows....

updated.jpg

you asked for the filter - with that filter you get a table of issues. Which columns you want to see is your decision then.

It seems also to be pulling off issues that have the same 'Updated' as 'Resolved' date?

I think the datecompare function also compares the time portion of the datetime. Is this the cause in your example?

Some have the exact same date and time to the minute, if those issue werent in the list it would be perfect.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - is Scriptrunner comparing seconds also?

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jan 21, 2018

I believe it compares the whole timestamp it gets from the database, so yes it would, although I didn't think Jira bothers to save seconds.

Robert Bromley Jan 22, 2018

Im trying to run this when we have 1.3 million issues and this is timing out i think, so im combining it with JQL with no luck.

Do you have any advice on helping the time out problem? Thanks

Thomas Schlegel Community Leader Jan 22, 2018

How did you combine it with JQL? Maybe it makes a difference if you add the additional JQL before or after the datacompare.

Robert Bromley Jan 22, 2018

created >= -10d AND issueFunction in dateCompare("", "updated > resolutionDate")

I just tried the created after it with no luck as well. I thought it being first would help :(

Helle Overbeck Aug 29, 2018

Hi

I just had a similar experience - but when I put all the parameters into the datecompare, then it ran a lot faster (by me). Try this:

issueFunction in dateCompare("created >= -10d","updated > resolutionDate")

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,697 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you