JQL for Big Picture

mukhortova_kateryna May 24, 2023

Hello Community,

I’m facing the issue of creating the JQL Query for filtering tickets on BigPicture.

Incoming data:

'Project A' - has epics (E-1, E-2 ....) and stories (e.g. A-1, A-2 .....).

'Projects A,B,C,D …..' have epics linked to the stories of ‘Project A’ (e.g.linked to A-1)

Stories of ‘Projects A,B,C,D…..’ linked to the epics of their corresponding project’s epics. 

There are epics and stories of ‘Projects A,B,C,D…..’ placed on the BigPicture.

Which query I’m trying to create:

Filter’s Query should show Epics and Stories of the ‘Projects A,B,C,D…..’ which are linked to some stories of ‘Project A’ (e.g. linked to A-1).

Stories of ‘Projects A,B,C,D…..’ Have link only to their internal Epics, but their epics are linked to the stories of  ‘Project A’ (linked to A-1).

I assume I should use very advanced childOf operator, but no luck so far. I cannot make every ticket to be shown up. 

Will appreciate any recommendations. 

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @mukhortova_kateryna , thanks for your question.

Please can you clarify -

1) Are you trying to construct a filter query for the scope of a box, or to narrow down the results within another context?

2) Have you had success in the advanced issue search in Jira? to get the list of issues from a query, I mean?

If you could share the actual query or an anonymised version, that might help us help you troubleshoot a bit more.

As always in these cases, I also recommend that you reach out to the vendor of BigPicture. They are generally pretty helpful in my experience, though not always super fast to respond.

BigPicture - Project Management & PPM | Atlassian Marketplace

Good luck and if you want more help, please give your feedback and either I or someone else will try to assist you further.

Cheers

Suggest an answer