JQL filter that will find all Epics in Implementing and all issues in the Epic are in Done status

Thomas Cucolo April 29, 2022

Here is what I have started I justr cannot get the 2 querirs to work together.

project in ("project") AND issuetype = 10000 AND statusCategory = "In Progress" AND issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status= Done")

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

HI, Thomas! Try using the OR statement to differentiate the two groups:

A:
project in ("project") AND issuetype = 10000 AND statusCategory = "In Progress"
B:
issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status= Done")

So:
project in ("project") AND issuetype = 10000 AND statusCategory = "In Progress" OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status= Done")

Se if that's what you're looking for!

Thomas Cucolo April 29, 2022

Thank you Filipi , I tested it out and it does work ,  I need to find all issues (stories) in Done status this pulls anything under an Epic with a Done status.

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

If you'd like to further limit the responses from the second part so you only get Stories that are also in Done status, you can do the following:

project in ("project") AND issuetype = 10000 AND statusCategory = "In Progress" OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status= Done") and status = Done

That way you'll only get issues that belong to "Done" Epics which are also "Done" themselves.

Also, if you need to limit the second part to a given project as well you may go with:

• Added line breaks for clarity

project in ("project") AND
(
(issuetype = 10000 AND statusCategory = "In Progress")
OR
(issueFunction in issuesInEpics("status= Done") and status = Done)
)

Like Thomas Cucolo likes this

Suggest an answer