JQL field to identify internal issues

Adriana Llano García December 9, 2018

Hi,

I need a filter to view Internal Issues in BigPicture.

How can I filter issues which are internal Issues? What's the right field?

Thanks in advance

Regards

3 answers

1 vote
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Hi all, 

On Cloud, it is possible to use jql to find issues that are set as internal in Tempo.

To do this, please use:

issue.internal is not EMPTY

This returns all issues that are listed as internal in Tempo.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Adriana Llano García December 11, 2018

Hi

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know if I need some special permission to access that field?

internal 1.PNGinternal 2.PNG

Regards

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Hi Adriana,

there is no special permission linked to this jql function. This function is only available on Cloud, Tempo Timesheets needs to be installed and needs to be the Time Tracking provider.

The Server version to find internal issues in jql is:

"issuekey in internalIssues()"

Please note that it does not take any parameters, but simply returns all issues that are listed as internal in Tempo Timesheets.

Regards,
Susanne

Adriana Llano García December 13, 2018

Hi Susanne.

Thank you very much for your help. It's just what I was looking for.

Regards

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

You could also ask Temp if there's a flag somewhere in the data model that you could use

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2018

How are you identifying internal issues in the data?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

I don't believe there's any function for pulling those out of Tempo into BigPicture (as they're planning only issues as well) - you have to know what issues you have configured as internal in Tempo, then name them explicitly in filters.

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2018

Keep the internal issues with a prefix of 'INT'.

or, keep them in their own JIRA project

we keep ours in an Internal Admin project (prefix IA)

OR

create your own custom flag on Issues to flag them

Suggest an answer