JQL development property "issue.property[development].prs > 0" is not returning any results

I was using the query to make sure which issues were commited and pull request done, so I can make sure which ones are ready to be sent to QA enviroments.

Even though all issues still have the Development information from bitbucket, the JQL query is not returning any results. Is there any issue or change in latest Jira update?


5 answers

1 accepted

11 votes
Accepted answer

I have been replied from Jira support, find below the new queries to be used for the Development information in JQL:

  • development[pullrequests].all (or .open)
  • development[commits].all
  • development[reviews].all (or .open)
  • development[builds].failing

You can try the structure described above with the ">0" or "=0" comparation.

ie: development[pullrequests].all > 0

Thanks a lot! Exactly what I need!

Ricard, thanks also. I had this issue and what you have posted resolved it for me.

I wasn't able to use these in JIRA Server v7.2.2, but I ran across this and very excited to see this in Jira Server. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-9-x-release-notes-946034808.html 

How do I use it in JQL search ? When I try it I get an error:

Field 'development' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I have JIRA server 7.3.8

how do you refine development[pullrequests].all to return MERGED pull requests?

RVal, did you find a solution? I am having the same problem as you are and couldn't find a way to work this out yet :(

Hi Loren, no it did not work for me. May be it is not available in Jira 7

@John-Michael Talarico, search for development[pullrequests].all > 0 AND NOT development[pullrequests].open > 0

This will not exclude declined pull requests tho.

I too am seeing this issue. This was working as of a couple days ago but is no longer returning any results.  I've been using this query to narrow down the tickerts that are tied to code changes for months, the query is correct.

I get {"keys":[]} (an empty) response when I hit the api for the same data.

0 votes

Have you checked that the issues have the properties you're looking at?

Sure! I was using this JQL query before! issues still have the Development information in (# commits, # PR's , # Merges ...). 


BTW I use bitbucket integration to the Development section.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] @Ricard Garcia am I right, that it works on JIRA Cloud?

Can you pl. help me with how to search who committed code? I tried function issue.property[development].Author in (kshah) but It is not showing me result.

It would be much helpful, if we get this solution.

Did you manage to find an answer ?

Where can I find documentation regarding Development information in JQL?  I've been searching unsuccessfully.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Jira

Make your Atlassian Cloud products more secure: our NEW admin security guide

Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...

89 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you