JQL condition on workflow step works for some users but not others

Graham Horsman September 15, 2014

This is an odd one and really I'm guessing I'm asking where to strat on investigating rather than an answer (although it would be great if someone had one!)

The workflow step "passed" has a JQL condition, using groovy runner, to display only if this filter is matched:

"issuetype = "Test case" AND "Test Failed against browsers" is EMPTY"

However I have one user who cannot see "passed" unless I disable the condition. All other users can see "passed" when the condition is matched. Nothing in the "atlassian-jira.log" I can see. I've double-checked that it is this condition causing the issue.

Any suggestions?

10 answers

0 votes
Graham Horsman September 16, 2014

Thanks @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] I'll check into that.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

has the problem user been renamed? Older versions had a problem with renamed users. You could check with the user key is the same as the username in the database...

0 votes
SanaS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

If the original user does not have too much history or issues etc connected, I would delete that user and create a new one in its stead. That's the fast solution. Are you sure you not only checked that they have the same permissions, but also same roles, groups everything etc? I can't think of why it would be different in that case.

0 votes

Yes.

0 votes
SanaS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

If you try with another user with the exact same permissions, will that user see the "passed" transition?

0 votes

@Sana Safai I have checked the permissions and roles and there's nothing wrong there. There aren't any other conditions or validators that affect this. There is another scripted condition but after removing it the problem remains

0 votes
SanaS
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

What is different in the permissions the user has? And is there any other kind of validation or condition in the "passed" transition? That's where I would look.

0 votes

Hi Jamie. Yes they are logged in if you run the query in the search it returns the correct issue. As mentioned I've checked atlassian-jira.log while logged in as the user and refreshing the issue. Nothing is being logged. IS there anywhere else I can look?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

and check the logs...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

Is that user logged in? What happens if they run that query as a jql query in the UI?

Suggest an answer