JQL and multiple attributes for custom field

Marie McClain November 22, 2019

How do I find the opposite of this jql- all issues not meeting these exact criteria?

Custom Field = "Value 1" AND Custom Field = "Value 2" AND Custom Field = "Value 3" AND Custom Field = "Value 4" AND Custom Field = "Value 5" AND Custom Field = "Value 6" AND Custom Field = "Value 7"

This is a custom field with checkbox attributes. I am pulling out all tickets that meet all 7 criteria/attributes(easy enough to do)  and then I need to isolate all tickets that have the custom field null/empty or don't have all 7 attributes checked (not so easy). 

I would like to act on both scenarios to move the ticket to a different status in Service Desk. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2019

Hi @Marie McClain ,

Alternatively the opposite of multiple ANDs would be : 

Custom field != "Value 1" OR Custom field != "Value2" OR ... OR Custom field IS EMPTY

Antoine

Marie McClain December 5, 2019

I needed the is empty. It's working now. Thank you.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2019

Hi @Marie McClain 

Try saving this JQL as a filter with a name like "filterA"and then do this "filter != filterA"

Validate your results though but this simple method should give you all the issues not covered by above query. You can then add more queries to your second filter to refine it if needed.

Let me know if it works for you.

Ravi

Marie McClain November 22, 2019

I tried that before but my automation is running at the time of the ticket creation. The filter has not updated so I am unable to grab those tickets. 

Suggest an answer