JQL - all issues transitioned by automation rule

syed sadiq January 11, 2021

Hey All,

I have a query to find all issues which were transitioned from one status to other by an automation rule.

project = ABC and statusCategoryChangedDate < startOfDay(-7) AND status changed by "automation for Jira".

I also tried the user id "56777:f58131cb-b67d-43c7-b30d-6b58d4129jh077"

In both the cases, there is no syntactical error but I don't get any results back.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I was able to get it to work using the cryptic userid so I'm thinking that there are no issues matching your query. Have you verified you have an issue that should?

can you try to simplify things a bit, e.g. 

status change by "56777:f58131cb-b67d-43c7-b30d-6b58d4129jh077"

as long as you have any issue in any project where the status changed via A4J it should return results. If not then let's verify the A4J userid. find an issue that indeed changed status, click on the history tab to find the details, click on the automation for jira and in the profile popup click view profile. inspect the URL for the userid.

syed sadiq January 11, 2021

You are correct. I technically had automation making changes but not really transitioning the tickets. Validating this actually worked.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events