JQL Syntax LastComment

Steven Borne October 28, 2020

Hi,

Would like to know the syntax for create an automatic rules that can switch ticket to closed with the lastComment

I've been create something like that :

status = "Waiting for customer"and LastComment (Auto) ~?

Don't really understant JQL Syntax if someone can help me

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Steven Borne , 

just to be sure that I understand what you want to do : this rule would copy the last comment and add it again to the issue, and closing it ?

Thanks, 

Alexis

Steven Borne October 29, 2020

Hi @Alexis Robert ,

First of all thanks for the reply.

What I want is a rule that automatically closes the ticket when they change status, like the ticket goes to "Waiting for customer" if no answear within 10 days, tickets will go to Closed states.

I have create something like this tell me what you think, don't rly know what mean ~ in JQL Syntax :(. (I'm actually rly bad in SQL)

Règle automat.png

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Steven Borne ,

you can actually do this with Automation for Jira (it's an addon that's already included for free on every Cloud instance). The rule woulk look like this :

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 10.29.26.png

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

@Alexis Robert

Thanks for the reply,

So they syntax "updated <= 3d" , mean that if no update of the ticket under 3 day the ticket will be closed ?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

Hi, 

actually the correct JQL would be "updated <= -3d" to get tickets that have not been updated in the last 3 days.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

You can also have a look at this article on JQL : https://www.twybee.com/blog/jql-reporting-dashboard/

Thank it's all good for me,

I juste have an another question.

Do you know if its possible to run a rules whitout the even "When".

Like all my tickets are under the states "Waiting xxx" without update under xxx will be moove to Closed states. In fact I would like to don't wait the states changement ...

Askrules.png

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

Hi, 

with automation for Jira you can choose a manual trigger, or have it triggered every day for example. This way it won't be based on your tickets status.

Like Steven Borne likes this
0 votes
Rachel Rutti September 14, 2021

@Alexis Robert  I see you are community leader and commented on post pertaining to "LastComment"  How do we enable "LastComment" in our instance?  It is so valuable to use!! One client I was at, it was enabled, and we ran our projects using it and other client said it was a custom field.  Now, this new client, we need it so How do we get a custom field to work/be enabled?  I was told here that the CCC Last Comment Plugin - we do not own and it is not compatible with the version of our Jira Data Center.  We need last comment (and assigned date) but how do we make them available for us?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events