JQL - Sprint List

Rubia Valiati September 5, 2019

Hi,

How can I get a list using JQL with all projects sprints, start date and end date of each sprint?

Example:

SprintStart DateEnd Date
Sprint 131/07/201920/08/2019
Sprint 221/08/201917/09/2019
Sprint 318/09/201920/09/2019

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2019

Hi @Rubia Valiati 
I will use an answer from @Nic Brough :
"JQL is for finding issues, not reporting on them.  You'll need a JQL query to get the list of issues you want to report on (So something like "Product in (DEF, GHI)") and then use that in a gadget or report. 

The most simple and intuitive report is the issue navigator, where you get the results of a search by default.  Run your JQL, save it as a filter, then (optionally) set the columns to include at least issue type and product.  That will show you the raw data you want to aggregate.

Then go to your dashboard (or add a new one) and add a gadget.  For the case you've got, I would suggest the "2 dimensional filter" gadget, as you can tell that to use your saved filter, and report on maybe an X axis of "issue type" and a Y axis of "product" to get a grid telling you the things in your question."

Hope it helps !

Thank you @Thomas Magny-Garcia !

James Parnell July 4, 2020

Did you have any luck @Rubia Valiati ? I was only able to create a grid using Issues data and not Sprint data like below:

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.10.30.png

LaTisha Jenkins September 27, 2021

how were you able to generate this?  was it in jira or custom?

Kevin Steen November 3, 2021

@LaTisha Jenkins this was created from by using 2 things

1. A Saved Filter
  2. A gadget in the Dashboard called "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics"
    1. Once you select this gadget, you can choose your saved filter as the source and select your X / Y "axis, similar to an excel pivot chart.
0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2019

@Rubia ValiatiJQL is for issues only, you can not get Sprint,project,version extra using this.

But you can view list of sprint in Sprint Report - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/sprint-report-777002722.html

Thank you @DPKJ !

Like Sanjib Saha likes this

Suggest an answer