JQL - Set Integer Value as a date variable

Nelson Luong December 6, 2019

I have a date field (eg. 12/06/19), End date, and a integer field, Days in Advance.

I would like to set an JQL where the "days in advance" will count backwards from the end date.

When I try, 

"End Date" <= "Days in Advance"d

The query will not work.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Hi Nelson,

There are no native ways of getting the result you seek by native means.

Some third party apps from the Atlassian Marketplace might help, depending on the purpose of the query.

If the number of Days in Advance could be calculated solely based on the current information of other field values form the very same issue, then some potential purposes could be covered natively.

In example, if issues of type Bug and with a High priority have always 7 days in advance, and the purpose of getting the query were acknowledging developers of that, then you could build a filter and subscribe them on a daily basis so that they were notified one day before:

type = Bug AND priority = High AND "End Date" >= -8d AND "End Date" < -7d AND resolution is EMPTY

Other filters would be required for tracking different numbers of days in advance.

We might provide some more help if we counted with more information about your objective.

Regards

Suggest an answer