JQL Query to find All issues assigned by a certain user

Deleted user September 17, 2018

Maybe I'm missing on something quite simple. But Im not able to find the option to search issues assigned by a certain user.

A basic google search does not point to anywhere which makes me believe this has to be something quite easy that no one bothered to even ask it.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi @

I think you would need something like

assignee = mike AND assignee changed TO mike BY chris

(i did not test it)

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

But this will not work since the assignee will be different in the single search.

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Try

assignee = mike AND assignee changed BY chris

Thanks again for the answer. But again your solution doesn't work in my scenario.

Sorry if i wasn't clear in my previous comment. 

Let's say the project has 5 team with 20 members in each team under one Team Lead.  Only the team lead will be able to assign issues to other users. So in short, there are only 5 users assigning the issues. But the issues are assigned to among 100 users. I want to get the list of issues assigned by a particular team lead.

To summarize,

In the same search i want issues having multiple values for "assignee". Or,

I want the the jql query for list of issues that is "assigned by" someone without the "assignee" value being provided.

Regards.

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

Sorry, i have been reading diagonally (on my phone)

so you need only ALL the issues that are assigned by 1 person 

Following should work. 

assignee changed BY chris

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 20, 2018

Thanks @Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_ for the answer.

"assignee changed BY Username" works!!

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

If the Issue has been assigned twice, you can try the following statement:

assignee was mike

Or

status changed to done by mike

Hello @Ollie Guan,

Thanks for the answer. But this does not connect to what I'm asking.

I need the query to show all issues assigned by a particular person (It being assigned to whomesoever does not matter).

Hence "assignee was mike" will not provide result.

"status changed to done by mike" - I'm not sure what you are even trying here. It makes no sense.

Check my previous comment to Dave Bosman [Realdolmen]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say the project has 5 team with 20 members in each team under one Team Lead.  Only the team lead will be able to assign issues to other users. So in short, there are only 5 users assigning the issues. But the issues are assigned to among 100 users. I want to get the list of issues assigned by a particular team lead.

To summarize,

In the same search i want issues having multiple values for "assignee". Or,

I want the the jql query for list of issues that is "assigned by" someone without the "assignee" value being provided.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events