JQL Query to Return All User Stories linked Epics Created by a Specific Reporter

Edmund Lam September 14, 2022

I want to come up with a JQL query that can return all story tickets that are linked to all epics  created by me/a reporter in a project. The parentEpic function can only include issue keys/ids. I could hardcode all my epic IDs, but it has more than 15. I will continue creating more epics, and I will reuse this query. I want something almost like this:

project = “My Project” AND type = story and parentEpic IN <reporter = “Reporter’s Name”> 

Does anyone have suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
mauricio.groth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Edmund Lam 

As you're on Jira Cloud, the correct answer is to get an app that provides JQL extensions you're looking for.

With standard JQL, you can only get a list of issues and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis. If your use case is more dynamic than that, look beyond standard Jira.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions

You can use this query to find all your  user stories that belong to epics created/reported by a particular user

issue in childrenOfEpicsInQuery("reporter = 'Maurício Groth'") and type = story

Check out the documentation for more examples.

If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!
Best regards,
Maurício

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events