JQL Query in Kanban Boards sort by summary

Kai Schmidt December 14, 2020

hi@ all, I would like to sort the issues in my kanban board ascending by the name of the summary. I created a quick filter for the model (e.g. Cruiser) and I would like to sort the issues by using this filter query.

"Model = Cruiser ORDER by Summary ASC"

Unfortunately the filter doesn't work that way. The sequence just follows the issues key. Does somebody has any idea?

Rgds

Kai

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Quick Filters on a Board are supplemental to the main Filter on the Board. They provide "additional filtering", but do not override the sort order.

You can get what you want by changing the sort order on the main Board Filter. From the Kanban Board, go to "Board Settings > General > Edit Filter Query" and update the ORDER BY on that query (and then save it).

Note also that a single Project in Jira can have multiple Boards. So even though you can't use Quick Filters to see the project in various sort orders, you can use multiple Boards for that.

Kai Schmidt December 14, 2020

Perfect! Thx. Now, it works!

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this

Suggest an answer