JQL Query Help

Bobby Moyini May 9, 2023

Is there a way to write a JQL statement that can limit a filter by status and multiple dates?

Example:

Created date for closed status for  up to 1 year

Created Date for open, in progress, and reopened status all time?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Bobby Moyini and welcome to the Community,

JQL always retrieves issues. So you can not search for created dates. But as I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do here, you can definitely do stuff like this:

Status = closed AND created >= -365d

Which would retrieve all issues which were created 365 days ago or later and now have status Closed.

The following statement would retrieve all issues that are open, in progress or reopened:

Status in (Open, Reopened, "In Progress")

But you would need to go through all the issues it returns in order to find the created dates for all these issues

Hope this helps!

Bobby Moyini May 9, 2023

To clarify is it possible to see all jiras that are closed with a creation date of up to a year in addition to all open , reopened, and in progress jiras created for all time?

I'm essentially trying to limit the amount of closed items coming in the search to a year , but also display all open , reopened, and in progress jiras created for all time.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Yes, @Bobby Moyini. By combining both queries I suggested, you should be more or less there. I would probably use resolution instead of status to build the query, that would look somewhat like this:

Resolution = Unresolved OR (Resolution != Unresolved AND created >= -365d) 
Like Bobby Moyini likes this
Bobby Moyini May 9, 2023

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events