JQL Query Count Number of Times an Issue Has Been Rejected

Chris Mazzochi December 22, 2017

Given an issue, can I write a JQL query that will return the number of times an issues has been rejected?

I'd appreciate it. 
Thanks,
Chris Mazzochi

3 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Hello @Chris Mazzochi 

Form your query it seems "Rejected" is a status. Basically JQL is used to fetch issues but it can't run aggregation/analytics on the data. You can query issue history using "WAS" / "During" / Changed keywords but it won't retrieve you the exact count.

You will need add-ons to achieve this. 

If you have script runner then you can have a scripted field which returns this value.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def theStatus = 'Rejected'
def changeItems = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(issue)
def transitionsCount = changeItems?.findAll{it.field == 'status' && it.getTos().values().contains(theStatus)}.size()
return transitionsCount as Double

Thank you.  I will try this. 

I am querying this data from Klipfolio though. 

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible. JQL queries can return only issues, they can not return number of times.

How about the number of rejections per user for a given time period?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

JQL finds issues.  It does not report on them.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2017

You can create a scripted field as @Tarun Sapra suggested. You would need an additional add-on for it and do some coding but it is not connected to JQL. JQL just finds issues but  you can provide information about the issues in custom fields.

Thank you guys.  I will try the add-on/scripted field route. 

0 votes

I forgot to mention that I am running these queries from Klipfolio.  So the add on solution doesn't apply.  I think the add on is for JIRA. 

Suggest an answer