JQL: Order by workflow transition time/date

I am almost positive this is not possible, but thought I would ask.

We want to order by when something went into the 'Ready for Build' status specifically. All I could come up with was:

assignee was currentUser() and status changed to "Ready for Build" order by updatedDate

This obviously is not that helpful since it orders by updatedDate, not when it went to ready for build.

Thanks!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Yew Teck En Atlassian Team Dec 18, 2013

Perhaps add a date time field named "Build Date", then use Update Issue Custom Field post function in "Ready for Build" transition to update the field with current date time. Then you can sort the date using the date field.

I guess thsi can be another workaround for you. :)

This widget could not be displayed.

I used a solution similar to @Yew Teck En's suggestion and that works well.  The drawback is that I'm looking for the first time this transition happened, and it gets re-written if the transition re-occurs, but it does 95% of what I need.

Without changing workflows, you can sometimes accomplish what you want with a WAS clause and DURING predicate using a relative time specification, if you're satisfied with a window of time where the transition occurred and don't need the ordering.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

169 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you