JQL JIRA query for custom field being equal to two other custom field values

Nicholas Rose February 14, 2016

I want to query my project for all issues where 

customField1 != value(customField2) + value(customField3)

Is it possible to do this in a JQL query?

I tried "cf[123]!=cf[456]+cf[789]", but that didn't work.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Scriptrunner has a scripted JQL function which could help as long as your custom fields are date, datetime or numeric fields.

see here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_expression

Nicholas Rose February 16, 2016

This is cool, but I really think another library is overkill for this. All I want to do is a pure JQL jquery that checks for one field being equal to the sum of two others. Surely there's a way to do this in pure JQL.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

The JQL functions provided by Scriptrunner plugin can just do this. Your attempt will never work since you can't compare two (or more) fields in out of the box JQL.

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2016

You can try using Script Field provided ScriptRunner plugin. Here is code example to get diffenrence between two date custom fields:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

import java.sql.Timestamp

/**
 * Get number of days between to customfields
 */

CustomField startDate = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Дата выдачи согласованного MD.050");
CustomField endDate = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Дата выдачи в тестирование.План");

if ((startDate == null) && (endDate == null))
    return ""

long startDateInMls = ((Timestamp) startDate.getValue(issue)).getTime();
long endDateInMls = ((Timestamp) endDate.getValue(issue)).getTime();

if ((startDateInMls == 0) && (endDateInMls == 0))
    return ""

return "" + ( startDateInMls - endDateInMls)/(1000*60*60*24)

This plugin is avalable only for server version.

Nicholas Rose February 15, 2016

Hm I really need a pure JQL query to do it, because I'm just using a node.js app to run this. It should be very lightweight, and this is really the only thing it does, so there should be a way to do this just in JQL

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2016

Are you trying to say that customfield1 should be not equal to neither customfield2 nor customfield3?

In that case it would be like this: cf[123]!=cf[456] AND cf[123]!=cf[789]

If you are trying to actually add the fields together, that would be a different query.

Nicholas Rose February 14, 2016

I'm trying the latter, unfortunately. I'm looking for cf[123] where cf[123] is not equal to the sum of two other custom field values.

amit.jadhav September 15, 2022

@Stephen Deutschcan you let me know is the above query JQL of it needs different plugin to execute?

Also Can you share any reference link around the same

Suggest an answer