JQL -How to retrieve list of users who were worked on the project issues since the project creation?

Sami Ahmed Shaik December 22, 2020

Hello Friends,

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!

I am seeking to retrieve the list of users who worked on the particular project since the time project has been created? Even looking to retrieve the list of users who were assigned in the project issues?

Is it possible to retrieve it using JQL or let me know the SQL query to retrieve the users for the above requirement ?

Regards,

Sami Ahmed Shaik.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sami Ahmed Shaik January 3, 2021

Thanks guys for your kind answers.

I have found the following solution and achieved the requirements.

AUDIT LOG section in the 'System Settings'. I did export the logs in the excel and did filtering based on the dates and project, and got my required data.

Regards,

Sami Ahmed Shaik.

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

@Sami Ahmed Shaik ,

JQL will return a set of issues based on your conditions.

I think you should take a look in these two articles, probably an SQL would be better in this case. You can tweak the SQL query to filter only the changeitems of your project and check based on the changeitem author the person that did the change.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/retrieve-issue-change-history-from-database-in-jira-server-933695139.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/user-activity-sql-query-389780940.html

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

how do you define "worked on the project"

in JQL, you can filter for the current assignee of the tasks. but if it was assigned from user A to B and A has no other tasks, your filter will not get user A.

if you use the worklog, there are (free) addons which list ho many hours the users have logged, in this case the query would also return the user A from my previous example.

John Roberts-Davies March 15, 2024

You can also use the JQL expression 'assignee was [insert username here]'

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events