JQL Function to Access Fields in Parent Issue

Gary Gross December 16, 2020

I want to query issues where the fix version field doesn't match the fix version of its parent issue.  Is there a JQL function to access the fix version of a parent?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

@Gary GrossGross welcome 
Interesting question.! Let me try:

First, unfortunately there is no "If" and "Else" statement in JQL and JQL is not SQL.!

However, a little bit of excel could help you out.!
1. Query all the items in your project (including, sub tasks and parents)
2. set the results table to show fix version, excel export the results :) 
3. now do a match to find the parent and its corresponding sub tasks (use the links column to get this detail) (excel functions can help)

In JQL there are Functions related to Parents, fixVersions, but they provide you with only an open search results (not much of logic)

I would be happy if anyone provides to your questions.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2020

I used script addons to create and fill new fields like "parent.assignee" or "parent.status"

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27136/jira-misc-custom-fields-jmcf?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Suggest an answer