JQL: Finding issues where status has been not changed for 48h

Nicat Nagiyev December 25, 2017

Hi,

is it possible to write JQL to find issues where status has been not changed for more than 48h? If yes, how? ;)

JIRA version: 7.6.0

Thank you for your support :)

Best Regards,

Nicat

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2017

Hello,

Try like this

not status changed  before -48h

Hello,

thank your for your quick respond. But unfortunately the search only shows results where the status is "Open". But I want to see all kind of status which has been not changed.

BR,

Nicat

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2017

Your requirement is to show all issues where statuses have not been changed for more than 48 hours. That is why there are only issues in the open status. If the Open status was changed to something else, then the status of the issue was changed for more than 48 hours. You need to reformulate your requirement. 

Do you mean that you want to find issues where status have not been changed within 48 hours? Then it would be

not status changed  after -48h

I try to to define my requirement more precisely. I want to sell all issues where the statutes have not been changed for more than 48 hours.

For example:

My workflow has different statutes like "Open", "In Progress", "Test", "Closed"

• If there no change between "Open" and "In Progress", I want to see it. ->That works with "not status changed  before -48h"
  • If there no change betwenn "In Progress" and "Test", I want to see it.
  • If there no change between "Open" and "Test", I want to see it.
  • ...and so on.

I hope this is more understandable now.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2017

Then you would need to wirte something like this

(not status changed  from Open to "In Progress" before -48h) OR (not status changed  from "In Progress" to Test before -48h) and so on.

You would need to put all possible transitions from one status to antoher.

Hmm okay..

Thank you for your help.

0 votes
Natalia Lezhai December 7, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev

Can you please help me as well: I need the exact ''not status changed  before -48h'', but only for one Status, for every other status it should show all issues. What JQL should look like then?

Thank you so much!

Natalia 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2018

I am not sure I understand your question. By the way, you can always make your own question in Community. In this case more people will be able to help you.

But you could also write like this

not status changed to YourStatus before -48h
Natalia Lezhai December 14, 2018

Hi @Alexey Matveev,

Thank you for replying. It answers my question. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2018

You are most welcome!

suneel puli January 30, 2019

This above query is not working fine 

David Leal
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2019

The above query will show also all issue created an untouched, even the before the condition is before the issue was created. In the example from @Alexey Matveev if I have an issue created a year ago for example and since then its status (YourStatus is the initial status of the workflow) has not changed, such issue will appear as the result of the query even it did not exist in the last 48 hours. See this bug: JST-469820.

Suggest an answer