JQL: Can I list users who don't have any issues assigned to them?

Joacim Boive March 31, 2015

I have a team of developers and it's easy to list all that have issues assigned.

But how to I search for developers who have no (open, in progress) issues assigned to them?

Thanks!

/J

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Eason Yang March 31, 2015

Without Customization:

You can use 2 dimensional filter gadget,

1. create a sandbox project and create/assign an issue to each developer that you want to "monitor" (tip for this project is that you make those developers assignable but can not view etc)
  2. create JQL filter result as "assignee in ( your developers)"
  3. then create a 2 dimensional filter gadget with the above filter, make X-axis assignee and Y-axis project , and show 'Total'. so anyone with only 1 as total are the one without any issue assigned.

Of course the best approach should be implemented through customization, an customized gadget perhaps, if you want it to be on your dashboard.

Thanks! Nice tip!

Madhu Reddy March 7, 2019

Hi @Eason Yang 

Followed the process mentioned by you. 

As you said "so anyone with only 1 as total are the one without any issue assigned." i cannot see the users with no Tickets assigned.

Those users with total 1 is having 1 issue Assigned.

Is it the setup or did i missed something.

Please help me. Thanks in Advance.

Like Gautam De likes this
3 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2015

Hey Joacim,

JQL works an other way.
With JQL you search for issues with specific parameters.
You can search for issues with no assignee but you can't search assignees without issues.
It's simply a fact. sorry. 

Greets
Simon 

1 vote
Joacim Boive April 4, 2015

I ended up using the two dimensions gadget, gives a good enough overview over the workload.

Abhijit Sipani June 21, 2019

old post, but did you manage to show users with 0 stories/story points on the gadget? I am using it too and the users with no assigned stories in the active sprint will not show up.

0 votes

Thanks! I suspected as much.

Any other way to achieve what I would like to do?

Thanks!

/J

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question