JQL: Can I list users who don't have any issues assigned to them?

I have a team of developers and it's easy to list all that have issues assigned.

But how to I search for developers who have no (open, in progress) issues assigned to them?

Thanks!

/J

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Without Customization:

You can use 2 dimensional filter gadget,

1. create a sandbox project and create/assign an issue to each developer that you want to "monitor" (tip for this project is that you make those developers assignable but can not view etc)
  2. create JQL filter result as "assignee in ( your developers)"
  3. then create a 2 dimensional filter gadget with the above filter, make X-axis assignee and Y-axis project , and show 'Total'. so anyone with only 1 as total are the one without any issue assigned.

Of course the best approach should be implemented through customization, an customized gadget perhaps, if you want it to be on your dashboard.

Thanks! Nice tip!

Hey Joacim,

JQL works an other way.
With JQL you search for issues with specific parameters.
You can search for issues with no assignee but you can't search assignees without issues.
It's simply a fact. sorry. 

Greets
Simon 

Thanks! I suspected as much.

Any other way to achieve what I would like to do?

Thanks!

/J

I ended up using the two dimensions gadget, gives a good enough overview over the workload.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,752 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you