JIRA what are these bubbles and how do I edit them?

Conrad Conlin September 13, 2019

bubbles.png

What are these called? How do I edit the filter they are using? They are not pulling what our team wants them to pull.

I like quick filters better. I can't edit them can I prevent them from appearing? That way I can create quick filters.

Thank you.

COnrad

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @Conrad Conlin

These bubbles represent all issues assigned to a user based on the board's filter query. Unfortunately it's not possible to edit or remove these.

But this shouldn't stop you adding quick filters - you're free to add them and have the team use them instead!

Ste 

Thanks

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @Conrad Conlin 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Those bubbles represent each assignee, if you do not have an avatar associated with your account it shows the fist character of the first name and last name, and you cannot change the JQL they are using.

thanks

Faruk Erdem February 19, 2023

Has this behavior changed in time, @Mikael Sandberg ? I want to update bubble's JQL to make it include Feature Owner field as well. It filters only "assignee" field at the moment.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2023

@Faruk Erdem This should probably be it's own question that reference this one.

Those bubbles are based on the assignee and cannot be changed to also include other user picker fields.

Vincenzo Dragone December 18, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg are we able to adjust the colors of these bubbles? I have users in their profile adjusting the color of their respective bubble but it does not reflect in our system. 

Is this at all possible to have transcend down to our boards/calendars? say if a user wants to be blue, have that possibly reflect across the entire program?

Cheers

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2023

@Vincenzo Dragone Once the color has been updated it should transcend down to the boards, but there might be a bit of delay before it does.

Like Vincenzo Dragone likes this

Suggest an answer