JIRA transition without user action (to go automatically from step 1 to step 2)

Christophe Leite July 1, 2013

Hello there,

Is there a way to bypass an user manual action (button click), using a transition between 2 status ('in progress' to 'resolved' for example) ?

Because I currently have created an initial form. Inside this one, I put a field called 'flag' (with 'yes' or 'no' as possible values ). Further in my workflow, I would like to go using a transaction from 'in progress' to 'resolved' status...without requiring an user manual action (click on the name of the transaction in the issue form), after evalutating the value of the field 'flag' of my 1st form (if 'flag' = 'yes' then bypass otherwise wait for something). Is this possible ? (using conditions ? validators ? functions publication ? any other mean ?)

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,

Christophe

2 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

we have same request and i am planning to develop our own postfunction

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Suggest an answer