JIRA status mapping in Database

harshit raj April 20, 2023

Hello Folks,

Hope everyone is sound and happy. :) 

Since Time in Status for JIRA server is not available for further licensing, I want to fetch the details of Workflow status and time in status for issues related to a project.

Reason why I want to know- Since I am managing many projects where SLA based productivity and incentives are in place. So I want to know how much time in each workflow an issue is present through JIRA Database. 

Please let me know if anybody is having any idea or suggestions on how to do it.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would strongly recommend that you invest in an app to do this.  The database is the worst possible thing to try to look at for reporting (of any type, not just the time in status).

If you must look at the database, then you need to look at the changeitem and changegroup tables - changeitem will be logging "status changed from X to Y", and changegroup will give you the date and time of the change.  You'll also need to look at the created date/time of the issue itself if you want to report on time in the first status.

Suggest an answer