JIRA setup for consultancy--multi-phase projects and hourly work

Nancy Hedlund March 22, 2021

Hello, I am in the process of launching my own advisory services consultancy, from which I will take on both hourly and fixed-price multi-phase project work.  With fixed price projects, I will be relying on external contractors to complete various steps.  My hope is to use JIRA to manage and track it all.  I am wondering if anyone might have sample configurations and/or recommendations you can share for someone who is new and getting started with a non-traditional use case?  I am using Jira Cloud with an integration to TEAMS, and eventually (hopefully) to Quickbooks.  Thanks in advance.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2021

Hi, @Nancy Hedlund!

No specific setup is required. Your use case could be covered by the default Jira setup. Plus you can use the Clerk — Invoicing and Billing for Jira app that can generate invoices based on the worked time from Jira. You can include fixed price invoice items as well. And it automatically exports all your invoices to QuickBooks.

I'm the developer of this app. Feel free to ask any questions. Any feedback is very appreciated! 🙏

ogimage.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events