JIRA service Desk ticket needs to be closed by anyone from the same organization

WasimBuden December 22, 2020

Is there a way to allow users of a specific organization to close tickets created by other users?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

Hi Wasim,

adding to the perfect suggestions from josephine a similar approach could be to allow the users to execute the transition through the portal:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/show-a-workflow-transition-in-the-portal/

As it reads it would be ignoring validators you could even forbid your support team to close the issue but the customer would have to do it.
Why I am asking: your requirement can be understood in a way that somebody from customer side must "approve" the request was handled to their satisfaction (^= with close customer approves) OR it could be understood that this should be provided as a nice option but your support team also is entitled to close issues.

The approach with Automation is also very nice and this is what Community is about - to find out a different way to implement something, I really need to look deeper into Automations ;)

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
josephine December 22, 2020

I suggest you  have these users from the organisation  in a group. This group should have the following  permissions and access

1. They must be SD or JSM users..NB. there is an impact on licensing

2. Have the relevant permissions eg close issue or transition  issue permissions  

3. Have Service Desk Team role in the related project/ Agent role 

You can then further enhance  this  by using workflow validation  on the close transition to ensure that  only members  in that group are allowed to close  the ticket. 

A workflow condition  can also only allow members of that group to see  the close transition.

Using a validation and/or condition  all depends on what  you want to achieve or prefer. 

WasimBuden December 25, 2020

Hi @josephine 

Thank you for your response, this condition is something I am trying to achieve for my customers, so we will not be able to provide them a license.

josephine December 26, 2020

All right so in that case, I suggest you make use of the New Automation rules  so that when the people from the organization comment with a certain key-word eg "Close" then the ticket is automatically transitioned to  the  Closed status or any status you want. At least this will not require them to have a license.

The rules are very customizable and you can add multiple conditions that must be matched first for the transition is possible.

Please see below the snip I took, NB  I was just testing but you can feel free to explore all the possibilities. 

Hope this can help. 

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events