JIRA search for component fiels

funny December 7, 2022

Dear all,

Is there anyway to search if [component] field contains a word in JIRA?

I tried to use ~  , but it doesn't applicable for component field.

Thanks in advance.

1.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @funny ,

Wild card search is not supported by components field. You will have to install plugins like JQL Tricks, JQL Booster Pack 

These have function like componentMatches(regex)

Please note: by Default when you type "component in (Ji" you get all the available options starting with Ji. You can just select the required ones

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gokaraju gopi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

@funny 

component in ("Operation")

funny December 7, 2022

@Gokaraju gopi  thanks for your help, yet it doesn't work.

Gokaraju gopi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

@funny 

~ does not work for list fields(where you can add multiple options) like component. It only works for text fields such as summary, description

You need to use in for list fields. Its not working because Operation is not the complete word from component field options. So if you add full text then it will work

component in ("Operation xxxxxx")

funny December 7, 2022

@Gokaraju gopi  thanks for your detailed explanation.

My pain point is that there are many words containing "Operation" in [Components]. Therefore I am looking for a way to fuzzy search in JIRA for this field, instead of populating all the words.

Gokaraju gopi
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2022

@funny 

I am not sure how many word you have but you can always add multiple words. That can be the only way for list type fields

component in ("Operation xxxxxx", "Operation one", "Operation two")

Suggest an answer