JIRA rest API getting issues

Alex Wade September 7, 2017

Hi, I want to in bulk get issues from the JIRA REST API, but can only seem to find a way to grab info 1 issue at a time, and only if i know in advance what the issue id is. is there any way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Hi Alex

There are different ways of getting all isssues, depending on what you're after (all issues in a sprint, all issues in a project, all issues). What call are you currently using?

Warren

not currently using any call, i just couldn't find a way to do it in the documentation. i want to be grabbing issues based off of time, say a call every hour for the previous hours issues and there changes. i assumed the audit log would hold this kind of information, but was sadly mistaken.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Hi Alex

Probably this call will help you then :

/rest/agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/issue

For a given board, it returns all the issues. You can then pass a JQL filter in which looks at the last hour - see documentation here

Unfortunately, it's a jira server instance, not a cloud instance, and i can't find an equivalent call for jira server.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

The API is independent of whether it's cloud or server and that call exists for server. Right near the top of the documentation that I linked, there's anothe rlink for the equivalent server doc

That's awesome! thanks very much. now i realized that i actually asked the wrong question, I want to find audit logs for all the issues, to be able to track what changes and who changed stuff, etc etc. also why are there 2 separate API's for agile and the platform? i didnt know the agile one existed till now...

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

Hi Alex

Little tricks of the trade - append (&)?expand=changelog to your call and you get the history of each issue. Use ? if its the first parameter or else &.

When you say 2 separate API's, the API's are the same, but there is documentation for each.

If you're happy, please mark this as answered.

Thanks

Warren

Suggest an answer