JIRA resolve issue info message / add an info message to a custom screen

Chris S August 21, 2012

Hello Guys,

if I'm move to the resolved status, then there is an info message "Resolving an issue indicates that the developers are satisfied the issue is finished.".

Is it possible to change this message or add such a message to a custom screen?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

You can do this with the JIRA Toolkit Plugin.

Create a Message Custom Field (for edit) and you can add html to the default value of this custom field.

You can then add this custom field to any screen you like and it'll appear there.

<div class="aui-message info shadowed"><p class="title"><span class="aui-icon icon-info"></span>Test text</p></div>

This is what I used to get a similar info message to show up as per your screenshot.

Cheers,

d June 13, 2013

I can see that the Message Custom Field could be used to ADD messages, but the question here is how to edit or remove a message which is built in to JIRA. I could see that a Message Custom field could potentially do this by embedding some JavaScript to remove or hide the appropriate DOM element, but I don't need a plugin to accomplish this . . .

Anyway, I have added the Message Custom Field (for edit) as described to the appropriate workflow screen but so far nada . . .

1 vote
My Kro October 7, 2012

I found that this message is associated with the transition itself and is created when you clone or edit the existing "Resolve" transition. When I created a new transition from scratch the message went away.

0 votes
Eric Potratz October 24, 2012

Im looking at the "Field Configurations" page in admin, and I dont see any "Message Custom Field" to change the message of this text. How do I edit this message?

Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

U have to add the JIRA TOOLKIT PLUGIN as Harry mentioned

Suggest an answer