JIRA reports

Shirish.Kamble December 12, 2019

Hello,

There are some 50 members in the SPRINT and I have to prepare JIRA reports specific to some 20 team member.

JIRA reports will be something like No of Issues resolved, No of Issues Open, No of issues in progress.I am not suppose to use individual user ids in the report as team members will be changing. 

Appreciate if you let me know how can we do this.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2019

Hello Shirish

You can do this with VisualScript for Jira.  WIth VisualScript, you can create custom reports based off of the relationships of your Jira data.  It builds the visuals, and they are located in a Jira dashboard.

For example, in your use case, you can find those 20 specific team members, and group them together.  From there you can create as many different metrics as you want.  Number of open issues, issues in progress etc are just a few.

If you do not want to use user ids, you can place them all in a group, and find them that way.  Either way works.  There are many ways to represent that data.  The visual can be a table with all of the metrics in different columns that has a hyperlink in each cell to the issue navigator with the results, or you can even use shapes to represent each issue in a grid, with hyperlinks to each individual issue.  

The reports are completely customizable with JavaScript, and you can easily reuse your data to create a series of gadgets in a dashboard that gives you all of the reports needed.

FYI - I work on the VisualScript product team.

Evan

0 votes
Riaz Raza January 4, 2021

This has been my biggest frustration, but then I was able to connect Jira with Power BI using Jira APIs. I have made it opensource and you can get it from here,

https://github.com/KoderLabs/jira-powerbi-template

Using Power BI, you can create all sort of reports you want without much hassle, that too for free. Before going with Power BI, I tried creating a plugin, but creating a plugin for every report takes too much time and is too much hassle to manage a lot of reports.

Feel free to use it and give feedback. 

0 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

There are multiple options to achieve what you want.

I think that "Single Level Group By Report" should do the trick.

You do not have to use individual user ids in the filter, as you can use membersOf() function.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/advanced-searching-functions-reference-939937722.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-membersOfmembersOf()

Suggest an answer