JIRA query\sql to find first time closed issues on certain date.

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Hi,

What't the query\sql to return all first time closed issues on certain date?

I looked at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Example+SQL+queries+for+JIRA but no luck.

I do know the transition IDs that could move the ticket to Closed.

Oracle sql preferred. Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Thanks Renjith. I am using JIRA 3.13.5, so no JQuery for me.

I figured the SQL out my myself, probably not the most efficient, but does the job.

Issues closed yesterday but not previously closed before (a.k.a. closed first time yesterday)

select distinct(ji.pkey), 'Closed' as STATUS, trunc(sysdate-1) as CLOSE_DATE 
from jiraissue ji, changegroup cg, changeitem ci 
where ji.id = cg.issueid
and cg.id = ci.groupid
and ji.project = XXXXX --replace ji.project with your project ID
and cg.created between trunc(sysdate-1) and trunc(sysdate) 
and to_char(ci.newvalue) = '6' 
and to_char(ci.newstring) = 'Closed'                  
and ji.pkey not in ( select distinct(ji.pkey) --issues closed yesterday but was previously closed before
                  where ji.id = cg.issueid
                  and cg.id = ci.groupid
                  and cg.created < trunc(sysdate-1)  
                  and to_char(ci.newstring) = 'Closed'
                  and ji.pkey in (select distinct(ji.pkey) --issues closed yesterday
                                    where ji.id = cg.issueid
                                    and cg.id = ci.groupid
                                    and ji.project = XXXXX --replace ji.project with your project ID
                                    and cg.created between trunc(sysdate-1) and trunc(sysdate) 
                                    and to_char(ci.newstring) = 'Closed')                  
) order by ji.pkey;

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2012

Are you specific about SQL? If not this is directly possible using JQL with something like

status WAS "Closed" DURING ("01/01/2010","01/01/2011")
0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2015

Try SQL for JIRA:

select * 
from issues
where JQL='status WAS "Closed" DURING ("01/01/2010","01/01/2011")'

no matters the vendor's legacy database (Oracle, MySQL...) it works for all of them (vendor independent).

Suggest an answer