JIRA plugin upload issue

nidhi sharma August 16, 2015

Hi Team,

I am using JIRA cloud.

I have tried installing new plugin to my JIRA,
but in "Upload add-on" tab it is showing option to enter URL from where plugin can be downloaded but it is not showing option to browse and download it from your machine.

It used to come earlier.
Please suggest.

Thanks,
Nidhi

2 answers

0 votes
nidhi sharma August 17, 2015

I am not sure what is meant by Type of add-ons,

This add on is used for securing custom fields permissions.

Link for reference: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.coresoftlabs.secure-fields.secure-fields

Can you please let me know how to get its type?

The problem is for any plugin it is just showing to upload its URL, It is not asking to upload downloaded plugin file. Please find attached screenshot.                        upload add-on.png

Jay Cosgrove October 9, 2018

Having a similar issue. Any update on this @nidhi sharma or @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

It's the same answer - you can't load "type 2" add-ons into Cloud.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

You can't upload type-2 addons into Cloud.  You can load Connect addons, but you have to go via the marketplace to do that.  What type of addon have you written?

I am trying to upload ":Secure Fields for JIRA" ad-on.

It is asking to upload it using URL.It is not showing option to browse and upload

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2015

That doesn't tell us what type of addon it is. Also, you've said "cloud" which doesn't even have the "upload" option. You need to be clear on what you are trying to do here.

In Cloud there is a "setting" option adjacent to "Audit log" button/.

Where we can enable its private listing checkbox.

Once we do it, in "Find new add-on" section It shows "Upload add-on" button adjacent to "Build add-on".

There I am trying to upload a add-on provided by Atlasian.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2015

Thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot more sense to me. So, the question again becomes what type of addon is it?

Suggest an answer