JIRA - on-hold average time tickets

julio valdez February 22, 2021

Hi,

I'm looking to create a graph (if possible) from a filter.  I need to display "on-hold" status tickets (average time per ticket). 

I created a filter for a particular jira project (all tickets) and then created a 'time to resolution' gadget but it just doesn't look right. 

If I click on the orange points in the graph, it takes me to the tickets but quick browsing doesn't display 'on-hold' tickets.  I'm sure I'm missing something.  

Would greatly appreciate any ideas/suggestions.

~JV

on_hold_graph.JPGon_hold_results.JPGon_hold_tickets.JPG

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2021

Hello @julio valdez ,

For an automated solution that offers great flexibility and details, our team at OBSS built Time in Status app for this exact need. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud and Data Center.

Time in Status allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee. Of course this includes On Hold status time. You can also combine statuses into consolidated columns to see metrics like Resolution Time, Ticket Age, Cycle Time or Lead Time

You can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see the overall average Resolution Time, or average On-Hold Time per issuetype).

All report types can be prepared as data tables or can be visualized using various chart type. The reports can be displayed on TiS reporting page, dashboard gadgets and Jira issue view pages.

tisCloud_StatusDuration_Report.pngCloud_StatusDuration_UserAverage_StackColumnChart.png    tisCloud_IssueView_Chart_StackedColumn.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets (released for cloud, server&DC gadget coming soon)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 27, 2021

Hi @julio valdez ,

As an alternative, you can try is Status Time app. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project).

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Bloompeak team.

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
February 23, 2021

Hi @julio valdez ,

You can use the Enhancer Plugin for Jira for this.

It has a custom field called Time in Status that captures the time spent in a particular status and gives a piece of drill-down information based on the assignee.

cf-statustimer-4.png

It also has Time in status gadget that shows the average Time in status info.

jep-time-in-status-gadget.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 22, 2021

Looking at your screenshots you have a filter that is only showing issues that have been updated in February and you have set the gadget to display data on the x-axis in months so you are only getting data plotted for the first and last day of the month.

What happens if you chose another period with smaller intervals?

julio valdez February 23, 2021

Hi @Kat Warner ,

I made the change and it looks better.  When I hover over the last day it displays "hold 2~days". Can you explain this?  Thanks

image.png

1 vote
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 22, 2021

@julio valdez - I have moved this into the Jira collection where it is more likely to be seen by epople who can answer your query. It was in the Community Feedback and Announcement section which is focused on this community rather than the specific products.

Suggest an answer