JIRA notifications / email updates

From my experience with JIRA, only the assigned person and listeners are notified when a ticket is posted.

Is it possible to create some groups of users and assign a ticket per group so all users from that group get notified by email?

We would need this to avoid wasting time to add many listeners per ticket

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

thank you for your aswers

some more details that i have received to clarify this issue:

- Use the free JIRA Component Watcher Add-on

- Another way to do this is to use a group custom field and add the custom field to the Notification Scheme. For more information please see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/notification_schemes.html This will allow you to specify a group per issue.

Hi Gabriel

What you can do is create an email alias (add all users to that email alias via your outlook) and then create an account for that email alias on jira and make that as an assignee for issues. This way everyone in that email alias gets email.

Rahul

2 votes

I'd define your groups in the user management as you'd expect and then do two things:

1. Add a group-picker field for "copy to group"

2. Use that field in the notification scheme

That way, each issue can have a watcher group, and you can choose which group it is.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,101 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you