JIRA notifications / email updates

Gabriel Serban November 28, 2013

From my experience with JIRA, only the assigned person and listeners are notified when a ticket is posted.

Is it possible to create some groups of users and assign a ticket per group so all users from that group get notified by email?

We would need this to avoid wasting time to add many listeners per ticket

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Serban December 4, 2013

thank you for your aswers

some more details that i have received to clarify this issue:

- Use the free JIRA Component Watcher Add-on

- Another way to do this is to use a group custom field and add the custom field to the Notification Scheme. For more information please see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/notification_schemes.html This will allow you to specify a group per issue.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2013

I'd define your groups in the user management as you'd expect and then do two things:

1. Add a group-picker field for "copy to group"

2. Use that field in the notification scheme

That way, each issue can have a watcher group, and you can choose which group it is.

2 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2013

Hi Gabriel

What you can do is create an email alias (add all users to that email alias via your outlook) and then create an account for that email alias on jira and make that as an assignee for issues. This way everyone in that email alias gets email.

Rahul

Suggest an answer