JIRA <> Salesforce

David Perry April 11, 2024

Within the business that I work for, our support function creates JIRA support tickets via Salesforce. The screen that is presented within salesforce is just an iframe of the Create Issue functionality within JIRA.

I would like to remove certain fields from that pop up/iframe but hiding them from the creation within JIRA does not hide them in Salesforce, is the only way to do this to remove them from the Project?

3 answers

0 votes
Josh_Unito
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2024

Hi @David Perry 

If I understand correctly, your system currently allows you to create a task in Salesforce that in turn creates a support ticket in Jira.

If your company is open to trying a different integration solution, you could try setting up a very similar connection with Unito that doesn't involve an iframe pop up at all. 

You can find out more here.

To get set up with that workflow, here's what you need to do:

1)  Set your Atlassian email contact visibility to anyone.

2) Add the Unito app for Jira

3) Set up an application link in your Atlassian account.

4) Connect your Jira and Salesforce accounts to Unito through a "flow". It's a 4-step process (entirely cloud-based, no coding required) that allows Unito to pull specific task data from Salesforce and Jira and sync it to the other. You need permission to create tasks in both tools in order to do this, so make sure you're an admin or equivalent.

5) Set a flow direction to create Jira tickets from Salesforce (you can also tell Unito to create Salesforce tasks from Jira tickets/tasks if you want).

6) Set rules for when/how tickets are created. Again, it's all cloud-based, so you point-and-click with drop-down menus. In this case, I'd apply a label/tag to your Salesforce tasks you want turned into tickets. Then pick that label from a drop-down menu in Unito. 

7) Link fields between Jira and Salesforce. So this step is where you'd filter out the fields you don't want to see in both tools. You create pairs of fields between Jira and Salesforce, basically establishing the relationship between them so Unito knows what to sync with what (e.g., title to title, description to description, etc.). You mentioned wanting to exclude some fields, so I would just not include them in the table of field mappings you see in Unito. I don't know exactly which fields you want to exclude, but I'd just build the table without them. 

8) Launch the flow and see how it goes. Every flow starts in a test mode so you can create a new task/issue to see if it does what you want it to before applying the workflow to all your historical data/tasks/tickets. If so, you just remove the creation date filter from the rules and you're all set.

It may seem like a lot of steps, but it's much easier and less complicated than writing script, getting a dev to build code for you, or anything like that. The platform is SOC 2 Type II compliant, it's an Atlassian partner and your data is fully encrypted end-to-end. 

I hope it works for you! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2024

@David Perry hey there. May I ask if you're using a tool for the integration? If so, you should check if it provides this option - to customize. If you're open to exploring other options, feel free to check ZigiOps. It's fully no-code and secure integration tool (does not store any of your data) that will  make the JIRA Salesforce integration bi-directionally and will allow you to customize it per your needs. There is a Free Trial, if you want to test ZigiOps.

Regards,

Diana

0 votes
Shubham Gupta April 11, 2024

Hi @David Perry

I am Shubham from team Sinergify.  

Sinergify - A Salesforce Jira Connector provides the ability to configure Create screens separately for each project/Issue type within Salesforce.

This allows you to manipulate the fields on the Create Jira screen on the Salesforce side.
Hence you do not need to remove it from the Project if you are using this connector as a solution.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events