JIRA licenses for active-passive and active-active servers configuration

Hello,

We are considering to build a JIRA environment with active-active or active-passive redundancy servers configuration.

What about licenses in these cases?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Manuel

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Thank you very much for your clarifying answers.

Manuel

Hi, JIRA doesn't support active-active mode. The only thing you can do is have a cold failover instance ready. I don't think you need a separate license for that.

0 votes

As Harry says, active-active won't work. Your failover server should be ready to run Jira but not start it until you have shut down (or lost) the primary Jira service.

Your licence for the main server entitles you to set up disaster/failover servers at no extra cost. If you go to your my.atlassian account and look to the right, under the main licence key, you'll see an option for "developer licence" - if you read the small print, you'll find you're entitled to use that licence to provide active-passive failover (as well as development and test systems)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,894 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you