JIRA is not able to provide the correct repository link to my new Fisheye server after integration

Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2012

My production JIRA, JP @ v5, is currently integrated with my test instance of Fisheye, FT @ v2.7.10, which I intend to retire after my production instance of Fisheye, FP @ v2.7.11, finishes source scanning our huge repository.

In order to test out the new FP, I integrated it with my test JIRA, JT @ v5.0.1. JT was a restore copy of JP. When the backup is done, i believe there are left over application links of it to FT.

In JT, I removed all existing application links, then added new application link to the FP. But JT is unable to show the new repository from FP, instead it still shows the old repository from FT, which I believe there are some left over data in the database somewhere.

How whatever I do on JT, like clearing application links and reintegrating it to FP, the repository link under Associate Project with Repository Path is in correct. I also did clearing of Fisheye cache and doing integration check on JT but nothing seem to work.

I intend to use this same setup to my JP. Since this is happening to my JT, i will not integrate FP to JP unless this problem is solved.

Help! Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Hi Khang,

In JT, I removed all existing application links, then added new application link to the FP. But JT is unable to show the new repository from FP, instead it still shows the old repository from FT, which I believe there are some left over data in the database somewhere.

How whatever I do on JT, like clearing application links and reintegrating it to FP, the repository link under "Associate Project with Repository Path" is in correct. I also did clearing of Fisheye cache and doing integration check on JT but nothing seem to work.

By reading the description, it is clear that there are still traces of FT on your JT. I'm suspecting that this might be caused JIRA caches (work directory) located on the JT. As an initial suggestion, kindly do the following:

1. Remove the application link from JT
  2. Shutdown your JIRA instance, JT
  3. Remove the content within <tt><JIRA-INSTALL>\work</tt> directory. This will remove any corrupted caches on your JIRA instance
  4. Start JIRA again
  5. Re-index your JIRA instance

Additionally, since the error occurs on JIRA 5.0.1, which came out recently, I will try to replicate the problem on our end to make sure if the problem is reproducible. Therefore, please allow me additional time to test this behavior on our end. I hope that is ok with you. Please let us know otherwise.

Kind regards,
Immanuel Siagian [Atlassian]

Suggest an answer