JIRA is locked for import but no import could be found. This is likely to be a temporary issue and s

Apurba Hazra July 14, 2017

Hello,

We have tried to import issues in our jira account, but after completing 84%, we got error that jira has been locked, last three days it is locked, we have already mailed to support, but there is no reply from their side.

Anyone knows how we will resolve that.

I am attaching my error screenshot.

Screenshot.png

2 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

It's definitely broken. Check the log for ERROR messages, restart JIRA and retry the import. In staging of course

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Apurba,

I found your support request and one of the Support Engineers should be reaching out to you shortly.  Once you do get a resolution please post it here so the rest of the community can benefit as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Apurba Hazra July 17, 2017

Hello Branden,

It is almost 5 days, the same error is happening, our operation is affecting badly, will you guys please look over the issue as urgent basis.

No responce from support side.

Thanks,

Apurba

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Apurba,

I took a look at the ticket again and it looks like they did respond to you on the 14th:

We're sorry to hear that the import didn't go well. The error message and screenshot you included was helpful, because it led us to a known issue, which is being tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-65234

The bug has since been resolved but the important workaround notes are as follows:

• Remove all special characters from Full Name, generate a new backup, and use this new backup to perform the import.
  • You may encounter this error message as well if you have more than 1 user accounts using the same email address (even if the user account is deactivated). Steps are the same except you will need to update the email address of one of these users, then generate a new backup, and import it.

We hope that this information will allow you to get on the right path and of course do not hesitate reaching out should you have any questions or encounter any technical issues, we're always delighted to assist and again, we're very sorry for inconvenience.

Please review your support ticket and add any updates to the ticket as needed.  If the above does not resolve the issue please be sure to follow up on the support ticket and I'll be sure to monitor it as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer