JIRA import csv: how to import several components for 1 task

funny September 6, 2022

Hi,

When I use import function, I can only upload one component for one task. Unless it cannot pass validation.

Import example:

I use "," between different components, but it not passes validation.

Component/s
Data Logic,Sales Report

WeChat Screenshot_20220906165243.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hi @funny,

You can import multiple components by creating multiple columns in your CSV file - one column for each component. You will not be able to do it by adding them in the same column and separating them with a comma or other differentiators. Only by using individual columns, this can be achieved.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

funny September 6, 2022

Thank you very much. 

funny September 6, 2022

It works, many thanks.

funny September 6, 2022

It works many thanks

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

You didn't read the kba fully, for multiple values each value needs to be a separate column, e.g.

Key,Summary,Component/s,Component/s

KEYTOUPDATE-5,,component-a,component-b

The csv reader must split the columns in some way - so current it either thinks your csv is malformed (missing header), or treats your comma separated components as a single value, because you're using a different delimiter than comma.

Suggest an answer