JIRA import CSV bug

TECS JIRA Admin December 10, 2019

I am currently importing problem reports from a different system in the CSV format, and have had great success so far. I was able to get the attachments working on important, coming from the JIRA working directory attachments folder. The problem I am having is when assigning the Issue Type on import. If I leave it blank, it defaults to our default Issue Type and the attachments import correctly with no errors. When I map it to a certain problem report, it it maps the problem report correctly but I get this seemingly irrelevant error about the title on import and my attachments do not get migrated into it.

"Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-5010045255791567107', summary='Title']"

Would appreciate any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Rather than troubleshoot I would suggest you import the issues one issue type at a time. You do the import without setting the issue type so it works as expected and then you bulk move to the right issue type.

I know it doesn't solve the error but it's a quick workaround that might save you a lot of time

TECS JIRA Admin December 11, 2019

Hi Hernan, I actually tried that yesterday as a test and it did work, I just wanted to figure out the issue as I will be importing several thousand problem reports. Out of curiosity, do you know if there is a way to import multiple csv files at once? Thanks for the assistance.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

No you can't do that. Just one by one and use a saved config at most to save some time at most. Else you might want to consider addons that work with excel files to import that more easily maybe.

Personally I try to avoid csv import because I'm my experience there is always a chance that something goes wrong during the import and mess the environment, even more likely that you don't notice right away which is even worse

TECS JIRA Admin December 11, 2019

Gotcha, I have had great luck with it so far, but I would need a way to mass import as I am migrating over an entire system from IBM Rational Change. I will take a look at some of the addons. Thanks again!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

No problem, ping us if you ever need more help.

Please don't forget to mark this as solved if it's the case

Suggest an answer