JIRA export 50000 Issues to Excel

Hello,

our customer demands all Issues from their Project in an Excel or CSV file. We know this is a bad idea but in our position we have no choice. We have tried setting up the jira.search.views.default.max = 50000 in the /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties but when we change the tempMax value in the URL the 403 Error is shown:

HTTP Status 403 - You are not allowed to get a result set of more than 1000 results. Current search returns 50000 results

3 answers

1 accepted

If you are using jira 4.4.x, should create a file in jira-home and add entries there too.

I can view maximum 5000 Issues and I edited as follows.

jira-home/jira-config.properties

Add :
jira.search.views.max.limit = 5000
jira.search.views.default.max = 5000

Don't forget to restart JIRA

Thanks, Vishnu.

Thanks Vishnu, "jira.search.views.max.limit = 50000" was missing in our jira-config.propreties.

Great that worked.

1 vote

The good news : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel

The bad news is that even if you change that, unless you're running Jira on some really powerful hardware, it's still unlikely to work. The excel export is resource intensive and I doubt it will cope with 50,000

There's no harm in trying (although I'd wait until a quiet time, outside working hours, so you don't cripple Jira while others are using it), but I think I'd be asking your customer to come up with a more sane request and think about doing it some other way.

We did all from that tutorial but the settings didn't work. Only the default URL settings changed to 50000 when I select Excel (All Fields) but we got the same Error Page (403).

I suspect you missed some of the settings, as the changes on that page works fine for the systems I've tested it on. (You did restart as well?)

There is one more file that you have to change the is not documented. The file is :/WEB-INF/classes/jpm.xml. You will find jira.search.views.default.max set in this file as well.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

42 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you