• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA doesn't send outgoing emails

JIRA doesn't send outgoing emails, we tried increasing JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY and JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY. Due to all email items was moved to Error mail queue2020-01-30_15h28_29.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Glenn and good morning!

Why do you edit the Java Virtual Machine values when the log tells you that there is a problem with your connected mailbox?

For example, please check if you have exceeded your storage quota of that mailbox before you tune the performance of your Jira application. :)

Best, Max

Hi Max, Thanks for the reply. I used to follow this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JVM-size-and-performance-tuning/qaq-p/732974.

You mean the email address that we set on outgoing mail tab?

Hi Glenn,

you lost me here. What does the problem with sending emails have to do with the performance tuning? Could you help me understand what you're trying to achieve here? You're screenshot clearly states a problem with the connected mailbox "SMTPSendFailedException: 554 5.2.2 mailbox full;".

So yes, I mean the configured outgoing mail server. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you