JIRA doesn't send outgoing emails

Glenn January 29, 2020

JIRA doesn't send outgoing emails, we tried increasing JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY and JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY. Due to all email items was moved to Error mail queue2020-01-30_15h28_29.png

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hi Glenn and good morning!

Why do you edit the Java Virtual Machine values when the log tells you that there is a problem with your connected mailbox?

For example, please check if you have exceeded your storage quota of that mailbox before you tune the performance of your Jira application. :)

Best, Max

Glenn January 30, 2020

Hi Max, Thanks for the reply. I used to follow this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JVM-size-and-performance-tuning/qaq-p/732974.

You mean the email address that we set on outgoing mail tab?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2020

Hi Glenn,

you lost me here. What does the problem with sending emails have to do with the performance tuning? Could you help me understand what you're trying to achieve here? You're screenshot clearly states a problem with the connected mailbox "SMTPSendFailedException: 554 5.2.2 mailbox full;".

So yes, I mean the configured outgoing mail server. :) 

Suggest an answer