JIRA connection + mail automatization

Danilo Mathias April 3, 2023

Hello there,

As this is my first here, sorry for any inconvenience. Pease, I need help to create an automatization between Jira and Outlook, can you help? I have no programming or technical coding development knowledge. What I need is when a Jira specific field date arrives, I need it to send an automatic email to specific users with preformatted texts.

Example:

1. Considering that field "Estimated start date" is 01/05/2023, I want it when it is 15/04/23 it sends this email
  2. The preformatted text could be as follows: "Your project will start on "ESTIMATED START DATE" (is this example should be 01/05/23) and the responsible will be "FIELD RESPONSIBLE". Both italic information should be specific fields that are already developed inside Jira.

If "1" does not work or it is too difficult to do, I would like just to know how I could send the automated email as it appears in the number 2.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Yes, it is possible to create an automation between Jira and Outlook without any programming or technical coding development knowledge.

You can achieve this using Automation for Jira. Here are the steps to create the automation you need:

1. Click on the "Create rule" button and select the trigger for your automation. In this case, you can select "Scheduled rule" and set it to run daily at a specific time.

2. Add a condition to check whether the date in the "Estimated start date" field has arrived. You can use the "Compare date/time" condition and set it to check if the "Estimated start date" is equal to "Today" minus "14 days" (since you mentioned you want the email to be sent 14 days before the start date).

3. Add an action to send an email to specific users with preformatted texts. This can be done using the "Send email" action and selecting the users you want to send the email to. In the email body, you can use the preformatted text you mentioned in your question with the placeholders for the date and responsible fields, which will be replaced with the actual values when the email is sent.

4. Save the rule and test it to ensure it's working as expected.

Suggest an answer